Sunday, April 18, 2010

Foremark

Was my first trip to Foremark on the 11th April.

Managed to convince a fellow DCAC member to come along with me and show me the ropes. After the glorious weather on the saturday it was a little overcast and very windy. However we were reliably informed that the fish were still close in, all around Flamingo Bay.

We commandeered the "launch", and dropped anchor in the bay and starting working all around the boat. It was not long before we both had a few pulls, however Iain was the first to land the fish. I continued to plug away using a variety of flies......Iain kept catching, I kept getting pulls but nothing.

We left the bay at around midday.....Iain had 6 to his name....I had 0, was a blank on the cards?....

In a word...


yes....


Iain had to go, so I tried some more fishing around the flamingo bay area, and had 3 or more pulls....manage to bend 2 hooks in the process (these were brand new hooks as well).

I think it was just one of those days where nothing much was going to work.

Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment