Monday, October 18, 2010

Lechlade

Well Rich had to use his already paid for ticket at some point, so I thought I would try and educate him on the ways of lechlade.

He was obviously over excited about the fishing as he arrived over an hour early.....although some may say he just had no idea it was as close as it was.....

Anyway we tackled up 2 rods, one for the stream and the other for the mighty trout.

I put Richard right on the first swim skirting the weed, where we could see a fish moving "always a fish here" said I.....and within about 15 minutes richard had a screaming reel, and was all the way to his backing.

I had had a few plucks and follows but was not finding much connecting. We carried on for a little while on the bank, then took to the boat, near the house, I had another 3/4 follows, but still could not land one. Then we moved to the next buoy down where richard had another.....this however put up about as much fight as a tesco's carrier bag. Useless.

We moved around a few buoys and eventually i connected with a fish, on one of my pink feather lures.....traditional they are not, but they do work!

Nothing much was happening again, so we tried the river.....if anyone would like lessons on how to spook spooky fish I think we can give you a masterclass.....was a bit of a wasted effort.

By this point you could see for us the fishing had gone ok, a number of people were leaving with their tail between their legs.....so we took over their swims....Richard took another, and I had more follows (notice the theme here)....we then proceeded to provide some advice to a complete novice, who was on his second ever trip....he had had some connect but had lost them. No idea why he was learning at Lechlade as its as tough as they come....but he was enjoying it and I hope he continues.

Then it came the time for Battle Perch 2010.......To which I gracefully lost......badly

Finally got rowed back to the boat launch....by the worlds slowest rower....god I thought I was bad...

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment